Saturday, March 1, 2014

She is my Why!

When I awake in the morning to bright, little eyes and a big gummy smile, I have a reason to get out of bed and go confidently in the direction of my dreams, NO MATTER WHAT! My 5 month old baby girl is my why! Pulling the covers over my head is not an option, giving in to my fears and giving up is not an option. You know why? Everything I do, her eyes are following me. When I am in the kitchen preparing a meal and get carried away by negative thoughts then bring myself back to the present... I look over at her in the purple swing and I am reminded that she is  always watching me. I am her first example of what it means to be a woman. I matter! More than ever before, I matter! I have to be the best version of myself because I can't let her down. When I feel like giving up, when the fears come...I can't give in. Our children look towards us as we look towards our ancestors. I am being the best example for her. She is my why!

What or who is your why?

No comments:

Post a Comment